How to Use Easytrip on SMC’s Autosweep Tollways
Say goodbye to long queues and waiting time at toll booths and say hello to RFID.
RFID as an electronic toll collection method has been integrated at toll plazas to reduce time spent and to provide a cashless and contactless payment method at toll booths. An RFID scanner will read the vehicle information on the RFID sticker (usually placed on the inside of the windshield or at the headlight) and it will automatically deduct the appropriate toll fee from the vehicle's RFID account. Once the transaction is successful, the toll barrier will open. This integration has reduced time spent on toll booths from minutes to just seconds. The utilization of RFID technology has been greatly beneficial to commuters and travelers and has further elevated mobility solutions in the country.
Easytrip RFIDs can be used on MPTC expressways, namely:
- North Luzon Expressway (NLEX)
- NLEX Connector
- Subic-Clark-Tarlac Expressway (SCTEX)
- Manila-Cavite Expressway (CAVITEX)
- Cavite-Laguna Expressway (CALAX)
- C-5 Link
On the other hand, Autosweep RFID stickers can be used on the following:
- South Luzon Expressway (SLEX)
- Metro Manila Skyway System
- Ninoy Aquino International Airport Expressway (NAIAX)
- Muntinlupa-Cavite Expressway (MCX)
- Southern Tagalog Arterial Road (STAR) Tollway
- Tarlac-Pangasinan-La Union Expressway (TPLEX)
Can I use Easytrip RFID for Autosweep Tollways?
As of January 15, 2023, the Toll Regulatory Board announced that Easytrip RFID users can use their stickers on Autosweep-only toll booths without the need of an Autosweep RFID attached to their vehicles. They just need to have their Easytrip RFID registered for use on Autosweep RFID booths.
How to Register your Autosweep RFID to Easytrip?
For drivers and vehicle owners who want to register their Easytrip RFID with the Autosweep system, all they need to do is print and fill out the application form found on the Autosweep website. Then prepare one government-issued ID. Once done, bring those requirements with the vehicle to an Autosweep Customer Service Center or an Autosweep Kiosk.
However, users of the old of Easytrip RFID stickers must avail the new “Neology sticker.” This is because Easytrip only allows Neology RFID stickers to be used for both Easytrip and Autosweep tollgates. Motorists then can avail themselves of this by visiting the nearest Easytrip installation sites. They need to bring their vehicle and their current RFID sticker, then request a replacement.
For those users of RFID stickers that have been registered for both Easytrip and Autosweep, they must be reminded to maintain two separate wallets. So, the system will deduct the amount from the account that is associated with the expressway that one travels on.
How about the toll fees, are they the same rates?
Users of Easytrip stickers who are registered and eligible to pass through Autosweep-only tollgates will be charged the same rates as those who have Autosweep RFID stickers.
What are the advantages of using Easytrip for Autosweep Tollways?
With the announcement that Easytrip stickers can now be used on Autosweep-only tollgates, it can provide travelers with the following benefits:
- Convenience: Travelers are not required to bring cash to pay when passing different Autosweep tollgates. Additionally, vehicle owners will only need one sticker to pass through different tollgates.
- Faster Travel: By using Easytrip RFID, travelers can pass through toll booths faster which eliminates long queues and congestion of vehicles.
- Efficient cost tracking: Vehicle owners and business operators can easily track their expenses on toll fees. They just need to check their accounts on the official website, through a mobile application, or through mobile texts. Additionally, they don't need to keep paper receipts that can be easily lost or misplaced.
The allowance of Easytrip on Autosweep-only tollways has immensely benefited travelers. This is especially true now that moving from one place to another has become easier and less strict. Travelers have become more flexible when it comes to traveling, as they can pass through different tollgates with a single RFID.